////

4 Step Skincare Routine

Before we dive into a makeup post, I decided we should have a skin care routine post first(:

Your everyday 4 step skincare routine should consist of:
  1. Cleansing
  2. Exfoliating (gentle exfoliation)
  3. Toning
  4. Moisturizing
These 4 steps should be done at least once a day! We don't want to have build up dirt on our skins now do we?

Before I proceed do take note that I have combination skin so this is my skin care routine (:

Cleansing:  I'm currently using is The Body Shop's Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash. I like how my skin feels clean after using their Seaweed facial wash :D

Exfoliation: My gentle exfoliation routine consists of either The Body Shop's Facial Brush or Ginvera's Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel
On days when I decide to use the Marvel Gel, I would use it before I step into the shower or before using my Cleanser because it only works on dry skin.

Between the 2, I would recommend getting the Facial Brush. This is because for me I can use the Facial Brush in more than 1 way(: Plus, it costs less than the Marvel Gel.

I can either use it daily with my facial wash/cleanser or I can use it with my facial mask. I would wet the Facial Brush then slowly and gently remove the Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask on my face. Both of which leaves my face squeaky clean :D

If you have combination skin like me, you should at least use the Mud Mask/Deep Cleansing Mask 1-2 times a week. If you feel a need to reduce the number of times use you the Mud Mask feel free to do so, we all have different skin types and you should find out the best formula/method for your skin ((:

On days when I'm using the Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask, I would skip the gentle exfoliation step. You wouldn't want to over scrub your delicate skin. 

Toning: After the cleansing routine, I would use the Seaweed Clarifying Toner on a cotton pad/wool. I understand that some people prefer to use the toner using their hand/fingers feel free to do so but please make sure your hands are clean before proceeding to this step (: 

When I am not rushing to head out, I do use the Hada Labo's Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion which requires a certain patting motion for the product to be absorbed into the skin.

Moisturizing: After completing the first 3 steps, I would go ahead to apply my eye cream. I use the Elderflower Cooling Eye Gel from TBS. 
Next, I would moisturize my face with either The Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream or ZA True White Day Protector with SPF 26

I usually use the ZA True White on days when I put on make up because it has 3 functions, a moisturizer, sunscreen and makeup base (: Living on the sunny island of Singapore, we can't afford to not put on sunscreens!

Besides the basic moisturizers, I would occasionally use moisturizing facial masks. On days when I use the Deep Cleansing Mask, I would follow up with a Moisturizing facial mask(: I purchase mine from Watsons and I'm currently trying out their house brands(:

This is basically my skin care routine, though I do feel lazy sometimes and skip a step or miss out on my weekly mask. Hahas, who doesn't right? 

I realize that most of my facial products are from The Body Shop! This is what happens when you go for TBS's warehouse sales :D Other brands I would recommend would be Neutrogena Hydro Boost range and the Hada Labo skin care range. If you don't mind splurging on an exfoliator, do try out Cure Natural Aqua Gel.

You can get Cure Natural Aqua Gel, Hada Labo's Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion and Ginvera's Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel samples from The Sample Store.

Remember to do some online research before purchasing any facial products!
Feel free to email me your skin care routine and if you don't mind you can also request to post your routine here to share with everyone (:

Good luck~

Isabel | ARDOUR Spree

0 Comments

Add Comment

    Post a Comment